For many companies, the most challenging aspect of marketing operations is the management of the leads produced by the process. Leads will invariably come into the organisation from multiple sources (telemarketing, event participation, EDM responses, phone, web, email, live chat). The underlying responsibility of the marketing department is to protect the investment in activities that produce the leads.
This means qualifying leads from all sources, rejecting inappropriate leads, nurturing leads that are not yet “sales-ready” and passing on qualified opportunities to the sales department.
direct it. has a proven methodology for managing this process by setting up an Opportunity Management Team (OMT). The team, comprising 1 or more agents, will ensure:
- All leads are attributed to source campaign and not lost
- All leads are qualified according to agreed criteria
- All sales-ready opportunities are passed to Sales
- Rejected leads are replaced without cost, where possible
- Full ROI reporting on source campaigns
- All non sales-ready leads are channeled through an intense lead nurture program
Our experience shows that the Return on Investment from an OMT is typically at the very high end of the marketing activity spectrum.